The Resource 1852-1857
- Inclusive dates
- General stores -- Virginia | Rockbridge County
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Rockbridge County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Rockbridge County
- Business records -- Virginia | Rockbridge County
- Dry-goods -- Virginia | Rockbridge County
- Rockbridge County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Rockbridge County
- Ledger, 1852-1857, records the accounts of individual customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information recorded in each account includes name of customer, dates of transaction, items purchased, quantity of items purchased, price of each item, form of payment, amount owed, and amount paid. Items sold include cow hides, soda, violin strings, fish oil, dry-goods, spices, toiletries, shoes, knives, clothing, and nails. Payments made by cash, credit, labor such as hualing wood, and barter of items such as butter and eggs
- Biographical or historical data
- J.W. Gilkeson and Company was a general store that conducted business in Rockbridge County, Virginia, during the mid-19th century.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Business Records
ContextContext of 1852-1857
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1852-1857
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IXtp9crwzLk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IXtp9crwzLk/">1852-1857</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...