The Resource 1695-1817
- Inclusive dates
- African Americans -- Education -- 18th century
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Book catalogs
- Church of England -- Virginia -- History -- 18th century
- Organization records -- Virginia
- Bray Associates
- Church schools -- Virginia -- History -- 18th century
- Letters (correspondence)
- Bray, Thomas, 1658-1730
- Records, 1695-1817, of the Bray Associates containing a selection of manuscripts of the Associates of Dr. Bray includes "Catalogues of books for home and foreign libraries, 1753-1817," which contains lists of books sent to Virginia and New York libraries and schools, as well as an account of their value. Also included are Dr. Bray's Account, Part I, 1695-1699, Minute books, Vol. 1-3, 1729-1808, and correspondence between John Waring, London, and different Virginia parishes, and between Waring and Robert Carter Nicholas, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Biographical or historical data
- A division of the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts, which was instrumental in providing libraries for the churches in America and setting up schools for the Christian education of blacks.
- John Waring was the secretary to the Associates of the late Dr. Bray.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1695-1817
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1695-1817
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Iu5wptm90gs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Iu5wptm90gs/">1695-1817</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...