The Resource Southern Claims Commission approved claims, Virginia., 1871-1880
- Southern Claims Commission approved claims, Virginia., 1871-1880
- Title part
- Inclusive dates
- Case files, 1871-1880, which may contain any or all of the following types of documents: summary reports, petitions, inventories for supplies and property for which compensation was desired, applications to have testimony taken by a special commissioner, testimony of the claimant and others, vouchers, powers of attorney, correspondence, Commission reports, and certificates of settlement issued by the Third Auditor of the Treasury
- National Archives and Records Administration microform publication M2094.
- Forms part of: Record Group 217, Records of the Accounting Officers of the Department of the Treasury.
- Biographical or historical data
- Created by an act of 3 March 1871 and terminated by an act of 16 June 1880. The Commission was created in order to receive, examine and consider claims of those citizens who remained loyal adherents to the cause and the government of the United States during the War, for stores or supplies taken or furnished during the Rebellion.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Southern Claims Commission approved claims, Virginia., 1871-1880
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Southern Claims Commission approved claims, Virginia., 1871-1880
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IzX7ShcuwKE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/IzX7ShcuwKE/">Southern Claims Commission approved claims, Virginia., 1871-1880</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...