The Resource 1891-1893
- Inclusive dates
- Bull Run Coal and Iron Development Company (Prince William County, Va.)
- Boards of directors. -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Minute books -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Business records -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Coal trade. -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Prince William County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Stockholders -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Iron industry and trade. -- Virginia | Prince William County
- Bull Run Coal and Iron Development Company Minute Book, 1891-1893, records the meetings of the company's board of directors from its inception to its dissolution. Information found in the minutes includes date of meetings, selection of officers, resolutions, and decisions made by the board of directors regarding the purchase of equipment, selling of stock, collection of delinquent payments from stockholders, and other miscellaneous activities of the company. The minute book also includes a list of names of stockholders, the number of shares owned by each stockholder, and the address of each stockholder
- Biographical or historical data
- Bull Run Coal and Iron Development Company conducted business in Prince William County and Fauquier County during the late 19th century. It was organized in August 1891, and dissolved in September 1893.
- Prince William County was formed from Stafford and King George Counties by a statute adopted in 1730, to take effect on 12 March 1731. The county was named for William Augustus, duke of Cumberland and third son of King George II.
- Many pre-Civil War records were lost, destroyed, or stolen by Union troops in 1863 during the Civil War. Sixteen deed books and five will books are missing.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Bull Run Coal and Iron Development Company Minute Book
- Location of other archival material
- Prince William County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Prince William County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of 1891-1893
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1891-1893
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/J3Dgz6zsDzg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/J3Dgz6zsDzg/">1891-1893</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...