The Resource 1747-1921
- Inclusive dates
- Local government records -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Public records -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Decisions -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Albemarle County (Va.)
- Civil procedure. -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Albemarle County (Va.) -- History
- Debt -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Albemarle County (Va.) Judgments, 1747-1921 (bulk 1773-1870), contain civil cases in which justice was administered on the strictly formulated rules of common law. The majority of cases in this record series relate to matters of debt
- Biographical or historical data
- Albemarle County was named for William Anne Keppel, second earl of Albemarle and governor of the Virginia colony from 1737 to 1754. It was formed from Goochland County in 1744, and part of Louisa County and certain islands in the Fluvanna River, now called the James, were added in 1761 and 1838.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Albemarle County (Va.) Judgments
- Location of other archival material
- Additional unprocessed Albemarle County Judgments can be found at the Library of Virginia.
- Additional Albemarle County Court Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia web site. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm."
ContextContext of 1747-1921
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1747-1921
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JETl-5RzOOY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JETl-5RzOOY/">1747-1921</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...