The Resource George E. Connell architectural drawing, 1898.
- George E. Connell architectural drawing, 1898.
- Inclusive dates
- Elevations (drawings)
- Business records
- Architectural drawings
- Architects and builders -- Virginia
- Warwick County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Local government records -- Virginia | Newport News
- Connell, George E, b. 1858
- Chancery causes -- Virginia | Newport News
- Letters (correspondence)
- Newport News (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Connell family
- Architectural drawing, 1898, of an unknown building by George E. Connell, Architect, of Newport News, Virginia. This accession is included in the Warwick County / Newport News Chancery Cause, Davis vs. Jones, 18 June 1902
- Biographical or historical data
- George E. Connell (b. 1858) was born in March of 1858 in Albemarle County, Virginia, to William P. Connell (b. 1827) of West Virginia and Sarah E. Bowyer (b. 1831) of Albemarle County. George E. Connell followed his father's trades as a carpenter, builder, and architect. The two were listed in an Albemarle directory as W.P. Connell and Son. According to a correspondence found in a Warwick County / Newport News Chancery Cause, George Connell, also served as Secretary for the Newport News Manufacturing Company. George E. Connell later married Claudia M. Jett (b. 1870). The two lived in both Newport News and Newcastle, Delaware.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- The original drawing is located in the Warwick County/Newport News Chancery Causes, Local Records, The Library of Virginia.
ContextContext of George E. Connell architectural drawing, 1898.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work George E. Connell architectural drawing, 1898.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JM6d36TUDR4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JM6d36TUDR4/">George E. Connell architectural drawing, 1898.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...