The Resource 1840-1843
- Inclusive dates
- Dry-goods -- Virginia | Frederick County
- General stores -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Inventories -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Business records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Frederick County
- Windle, Richard C
- Business records of Richard C. Windle consist of two daybooks and an inventory volume
- Two daybooks record transactions as they occurred on a daily basis from September 1840-October 1843. Information found in each entry includes name of customer, items purchased, and the amount owed and paid. Merchandise sold include dry-goods, coffee, candles, sugar, pitchers, umbrellas, rice, and spices
- The inventory volume is a listing of merchandise found at Windle's store after he sold it. Each entry records the quantity of merchandise, type of merchandise, cost per item, and total value of merchandise
- Biographical or historical data
- Richard C. Windle owned a general store that conducted business during the mid-nineteenth century in Winchester, Virginia. He was forced to sell his general store due to outstanding debt on March 13, 1845.
- All three volumes were used as evidence in a chancery case heard in Frederick County Circuit Court titled George D. Harrison versus Trustees of Richard C. Windle and others.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Business Records
- Location of other archival material
- Library of Virginia.
ContextContext of 1840-1843
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1840-1843
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JT_WMeeTQdk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JT_WMeeTQdk/">1840-1843</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...