The Resource Excerpt of the journal of the Navy Board, 1779 Apr. 24
- Excerpt of the journal of the Navy Board, 1779 Apr. 24
- Inclusive dates
- 1779 Apr. 24
- Contains an excerpt of the journal of the Navy Board recommendging to the governor & Council that Pascho Herbert be appointed a lieutenant in the State Navy. The excerpt of the journal is singed by Thomas Whiting
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Navy Board. (Search Virginia Navy Board as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The fifth revolutionary convention passed an ordinance at its May 1776 session establishing the Board of Commissioners to Superintend and Direct the Naval Affairs of this Colony. The board, made up of three commissioners, had responsibility for all matters concerning the State Navy, including construction, labor, and supply. The General Assembly passed an act at its May 1779 session abolishing the Navy Board and creating the Board of War, which included a naval commissioner. The office of Commissioner of the Navy continued to exist even after the Board of War was abolished in May 1780, until it too was abolished in November 1781.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Excerpt of the journal of the Navy Board, 1779 Apr. 24
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Excerpt of the journal of the Navy Board, 1779 Apr. 24
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JTjRNisUAr4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JTjRNisUAr4/">Excerpt of the journal of the Navy Board, 1779 Apr. 24</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...