The Resource Literary Fund, : cash receipts and disbursements ledger, 1810-1821
- Literary Fund, : cash receipts and disbursements ledger, 1810-1821
- Title remainder
- cash receipts and disbursements ledger
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Funds - Literary Fund
- Volume contains a variety of accounts: list of cash receipts for the Literary Fund, 2 February 1810-21 June 1811; accounts with school commissioners, 14 October 1818-4 April 1821; Literary Fund receipts and disbursements, 4 July 1818-27 April 1820
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The Literary Fund, which is still in existence, was established by an act passed by the General Assembly on 12 February 1811. Revenues derived from fines (except militia fines) and the sale of land escheated for unpaid taxes were deposited in the Literary Fund and the money was used to build schools and educate the state's poor children. The responsibility for keeping the accounts of the Literary Fund was shifted from the auditor to the second auditor when the latter office was created on 24 February 1823.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 147
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Literary Fund, : cash receipts and disbursements ledger, 1810-1821
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Literary Fund, : cash receipts and disbursements ledger, 1810-1821
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JZyFBgD8nQE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JZyFBgD8nQE/">Literary Fund, : cash receipts and disbursements ledger, 1810-1821</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...