The Resource 1862 April 8-July 8
- 1862 April 8-July 8
- Inclusive dates
- 1862 April 8-July 8
- Quartermaster daybook, 1862, containing entries for quartermaster property, April 8-June 4, 1862; ordnance stores, April 12, 1862; Captain G. R. R. Dunn of the 36th Virginia Regiment, June 1-July 1, 1862; Captain A. Pettyjohn of the 45th Virginia Regiment, June 4-26, 1862; Captain S. A. Miller of the 22nd Virginia Regiment; Captain Jno. McCreary of Edgar's Battalion, June 21, 1862; Captain M. B. Porteaux of the Artillery Battalion, June 5-26; Major Jno. B. Harvey, brigade quartermaster, June 25-27, 1862; Captain W. J. Clark of the 8th Virginia Cavalry, June 8-20, 1862; Captain Eakle of the Greenbrier Cavalry, June 5-27, 1862; Major Thos. L. Brown, quartermaster, June 14-25, 1862; ordnance stores, June 8-27, 1862; Captain M. B. Tate of the 51st Virginia Regiment, June 16-26, 1862; 50th Virginia Regiment, June 16, 1862; Derrick's Battalion, June 20-26, 1862; Captain G. G. Otey of Otey Battery, July 5-8, 1862; Captain Stamps of Ringgold Battery; Pearisburg Hospital, June 4, 1862; and got from ACS, June 14-17, 1862. Bill of articles left at Botetourt Springs or Hollins Institute (LVA accession 34125a) was originally located in this volume
- Biographical or historical data
- The Department of Southwestern Virginia was constituted on May 8, 1862 and designated as Trans Alleghany or Western Department of Virginia. The territory extended "west to the eastern boundary of Kentucky and as far west of that boundary as circumstances may allow." By fall 1862 the name was changed to Dept. of Western Virginia. On September 27, 1864 the jurisdiction of the commanding officer was extended over "the reserve forces of East Tennessee."
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Quartermaster daybook
- Location of other archival material
- Confederate States of America, Army, Dept. of Southwestern Virginia Bill of articles left at Botetourt Springs or Hollins Institute (LVA accession 34125a).
ContextContext of 1862 April 8-July 8
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1862 April 8-July 8
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Jcy_spwPoaE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Jcy_spwPoaE/">1862 April 8-July 8</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...