The Resource The Richmond Home for Boys, 1846-1955
- The Richmond Home for Boys, 1846-1955
- Duke, Jane Taylor
- Virginia Home for Boys (Richmond, Va.)
- Richmond Male Orphan Society (Richmond, Va.)
- Orphanages -- Virginia | Richmond
- Male Orphan Society (Richmond, Va.)
- Richmond Home for Boys in Richmond (Richmond, Va.)
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Richmond
- Male Orphan Asylum (Richmond, Va.)
- Orphans -- Virginia | Richmond
- Typescript, no date, of the history of the Richmond Home for Boys since its founding in 1846 on Church Hill in Richmond, Virginia to 1955, written by Jane Taylor Duke. Includes the organization's written constitution, lists of board members and managers, and abstracts of Virginia General Assembly minutes concerning the organization. Much of the narrative history is taken from the annual meeting minutes of the organization's board of governors. A series of appendices contains lists of early cash contributors, the board of governors for 1954-1955, and original rules and regulations of the Richmond Male Orphan Asylum. Accompanying the typescript are copies of Acts passed by the Virginia General Assembly concerning the Richmond Home for Boys during their sessions from 1846-1848
- Biographical or historical data
- Private, non-profit, non-sectarian children's home located in Richmond, Virginia, which provides residential care and supportive service. Founded in 1846 as the Richmond Male Orphan Asylum, its name was changed in 1939 to the Richmond Home for Boys. In 1975, the name was changed again to the Virginia Home for Boys.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For related material see Acc. No. 35076.
ContextContext of The Richmond Home for Boys, 1846-1955
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Richmond Home for Boys, 1846-1955
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JeCPKj77etw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JeCPKj77etw/">The Richmond Home for Boys, 1846-1955</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...