The Resource Abner Nash account book, 1769-1779
- Abner Nash account book, 1769-1779
- Inclusive dates
- North Carolina -- History -- 18th century
- Personal papers
- Nash, Abner, 1740-1786
- Sumner, Jethro, 1730-1790
- Signatures (names)
- Brock, R. A., (Robert Alonzo), 1839-1914
- Letters (correspondence)
- Account books
- !UNKNOWN LABEL
- Slavery -- North Carolina -- 18th century
- Ledgers (account books)
- Account book, 1769-1779, of Abner Nash of North Carolina, includes personal account balances and items purchased including shoes, gloves, ribbon, plum feathers, stockings, a teapot, and a trunk. Also includes the purchase of a number of horses and slaves. Some names are mentioned. Included on the first page of the account book is a hand-written note by Robert Alonzo Brock (1839-1914) dated 18 March 1887 where Brock identified the signatures of a few North Carolina notables, William Brimage and Jethro Sumner, the later of which served as Colonel of the 3rd North Carolina Regiment during the American Revolutionary War. Located on microfilm frames 2-143
- Biographical or historical data
- Abner Nash, patriot and second governor of North Carolina, was born at Templeton Manor, his family's plantation near Farmville, Prince Edward County, Virginia on 8 August 1740. In 1782 he also served as a member of the Continental Congress. Nash died in New York while attending Congress on 2 December 1786. He is burried in a family graveyard near New Bern, North Carolina.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Abner Nash account book, 1769-1779
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Abner Nash account book, 1769-1779
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JiKmimk2Kg4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JiKmimk2Kg4/">Abner Nash account book, 1769-1779</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...