The Resource Committee of Safety ledger, 1775-1776
- Committee of Safety ledger, 1775-1776
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Revolutionary War. Military Service Pay
- Volume contains accounts with military personnel for cash advances and warrants issued, including reasons for disbursements, dates, and amounts for the period between 18 September 1775 and 7 May 1776
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The Committee of Safety was appointed by the Convention of 1775 for the protection of the colony. It had the power to grant commissions to officers, to appoint commissioners and paymasters, to issue warrants for arms and provisions, to call minute-men and militia into service, and to direct the movement of the Army.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 211
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Committee of Safety ledger, 1775-1776
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Committee of Safety ledger, 1775-1776
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JtzMfyvsCH8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JtzMfyvsCH8/">Committee of Safety ledger, 1775-1776</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...