The Resource 1767-1804.
- Inclusive dates
- Hampshire County (W. Va.)
- Judicial records -- West Virginia | Hampshire County
- Criminal court records -- West Virginia | Hampshire County
- Public records -- West Virginia | Hampshire County
- Hampshire County (W. Va.) -- History
- Affidavits -- West Virginia | Hampshire County
- Depositions -- West Virginia | Hampshire County
- Records, 1767-1804, of Hampshire County, (West) Virginia, consist of a deposition (1767), costs related to criminal cases (1804), and an affidavit related to proving a deed of lease (1774.)
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Hampshire County is the oldest county in West Virginia. It was named for the English shire. Although created by law in 1754 from sections of Augusta and Frederick counties, border unrest during the French and Indian War delayed the formal organization of county government until 1757. A part of Augusta County was added in 1778 and Hardy County in 1787. Hampshire County was one of the fifty western Virginia counties to form the state of West Virginia in 1863.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1767-1804.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1767-1804.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JueDp5BQPE0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/JueDp5BQPE0/">1767-1804.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...