The Resource 1994-2000
- Inclusive dates
- Ellsworth, Lucius F
- Business records -- Virginia | Buchanan County
- Wolfe, Joseph E
- Law schools -- Virginia | Buchanan County
- Buchanan County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Law -- Study and teaching -- Virginia | Buchanan County
- Virginia -- History -- 20th century
- Appalachian School of Law (Buchanan County, Va.)
- Records, 1994-2000, of the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Buchanan County, Virginia, consisting of: minutes of the steering committee and board of trustees, 1994-1996; proposals for the establishment and organization of the school, including budgets, by-laws and reports, 1995-1996; October 1997 issue of the VIRGINIA LAWYER, official publication of the Virginia State Bar introducing "Virginia's Newest Law School: The Appalachian School of Law; 11 May 2000 issue of the school's newspaper THE VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEER; and the commencement program, 12 May 2000, for the law school's charter graduating class
- Biographical or historical data
- The Appalachian School of Law was originally conceived by Joseph E. Wolfe, an attorney in Wise County, Virginia, who believed a law school was necessary to serve the central appalachian region of Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. A steering committee was formed in the Fall of 1994. A board of trustees was formed 5 January 1995 and established the school as a not for profit corporation. In February 1996, the board of trustees accepted a proposal from the Buchanan County, Virginia, board of supervisors to locate in Grundy, Virginia. The Appalachian School of Law opened its doors to its first class 11 August 1997. In October 1999 the State Council of Higher Education authorized the school to award the juris doctor degree, while the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners and the West Virginia Board of Law Examiners approved the school's charter class to take the bar exams in those states. The Appalachian School of Law's first class graduated 12 May 2000. In February 2001, the school received provisional accreditation from the American Bar Association.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1994-2000
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1994-2000
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/K54XDAXyFpU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/K54XDAXyFpU/">1994-2000</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...