The Resource Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation
- Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation
- Ridesharing -- Virginia
- Railroads and state. -- Virginia
- Local transit -- Virginia
- Railroads -- Virginia -- Freight
- Transportation -- Virginia
- Bus lines -- Virginia
- Commuting -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Transportation -- Virginia -- Planning
- Railroads -- Virginia -- Passenger traffic
- Railroads -- Virginia -- Trains
- Biographical or historical data
- The Virginia Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) was initially a section of the Virginia Dept. of Transportation. In 1992, the DRPT was established as a separate agency responsible for rail and public transportation services. The Department reports to the Secretary of Transportation, but also continues to work closely with the Dept. of Transportation. The DRPT focuses on the movement of people and goods throughout the Commonwealth by concentrating on railroads, public transportation and commuter services. The mission of the DRPT is to improve the mobility of people and goods while expanding transportation choices in Virginia.
- The Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation supports passenger and freight rail initiatives through advocacy, funding, providing advice, and conducting research. To safeguard Virginia's interests in the national rail network, the Department also represents the Commonwealth's interests regarding national rail issues. The Department also partners with, advises, supports and funds public transportation programs statewide, such as bus systems and commuter service organizations.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/KkEYCuD7Hyo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/KkEYCuD7Hyo/">Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Rail and Public Transportation</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...