The Resource Our schools at the crossroads, 1952 Mar. 22 and 29
- Our schools at the crossroads, 1952 Mar. 22 and 29
- Inclusive dates
- 1952 Mar. 22 and 29
- Radio programs. -- Virginia
- Educational law and legislation. -- Virginia -- History -- 20th century
- Public schools. -- Virginia -- History -- 20th century
- Our schools at the crossroads (Radio program)
- Sound recordings
- WRVA (Radio Station : Richmond, Va.)
- Sex instruction. -- Virginia -- History -- 20th century
- Two episodes, 22 and 29 March 1952, of the WRVA Radio series Our Schools At The Crossroads. The 22 March 1952 installment (Tracks 1-2) focuses on General Assembly recommendations for a "foundation education program" for Virginia. Panelists are Lloyd C. Byrd, a state senator, and John D. Meade, superintendent of Petersburg schools. The 29 March 1952 episode (Tracks 3-4) is on the topic of sex education, and features a panel discussion by Beatrice B. Marion, director of a pre-marriage and marriage counseling service, Sue B. Christian, a science teacher at Albert Hill School in Richmond, and Dr. Vester M. Mulholland (1905-1992), principal of Matthew Whaley School in Williamsburg
- Biographical or historical data
- First broadcast during National Education Week in November 1951, Our Schools At The Crossroads was a weekly WRVA Radio series featuring panel discussions of problems facing the modern public school system. The program, which aired with the cooperation of the Virginia Congress of Parents and Teachers and the Virginia Education Association, was usually moderated by WRVA announcer Sam Carey (1915-1994). Panelists included school principals, teachers, parents, school board members, state legislators, state Department of Education staff, college professors and administrators, and leaders of local civic, professional, and recreational clubs.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Our schools at the crossroads, 1952 Mar. 22 and 29
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Our schools at the crossroads, 1952 Mar. 22 and 29
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/KymFawFImF0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/KymFawFImF0/">Our schools at the crossroads, 1952 Mar. 22 and 29</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...