The Resource Huntersville and Lewisburg Turnpike Company records, 1853-1867
- Huntersville and Lewisburg Turnpike Company records, 1853-1867
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, maps (1854-1856), 5 items, reports, lists of stockholders, petitions, returns of tolls, specifications, proposals for construction, receipts, and accounts, for the period 1853-1859, 1861-1862, and 1867
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed February 28, 1853 approved formation of the Huntersville and Lewisburg Turnpike Company as a corporation to construct a road from Huntersville in Pocahontas County to Lewisburg in Greenbrier County. There was a great debate about the mountain vs. the valley route; the mountain route was chosen by Luther Haymond, engineer.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 282
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Huntersville and Lewisburg Turnpike Company records, 1853-1867
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Huntersville and Lewisburg Turnpike Company records, 1853-1867
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/LdK_8Gz3qf4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/LdK_8Gz3qf4/">Huntersville and Lewisburg Turnpike Company records, 1853-1867</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...