The Resource Roanoke County (Va.) Land Grants, 1848-1856.
- Roanoke County (Va.) Land Grants, 1848-1856.
- Inclusive dates
- Roanoke County (Va.) Land Grants, 1848-1856, as follows: to William Painter, 1848 Apr. 7; to Joseph Moore, 1854 Jan. 27; to William Craighead, 1853 Apr. 25; to Benjamin Sackett, 1853 Nov. 11; and to Alexander Sarver, 1850 Oct. 10
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Roanoke County was named for the Roanoke River. The name is an Indian word meaning shell money. The county was formed from Botetourt County in 1838, and part of Montgomery County was added later.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Roanoke County Land Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Roanoke County (Va.) Land Grants, 1848-1856.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Roanoke County (Va.) Land Grants, 1848-1856.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/LiUYU8ZOee0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/LiUYU8ZOee0/">Roanoke County (Va.) Land Grants, 1848-1856.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...