The Resource J. Page Massie medical notebook, 1891.
- J. Page Massie medical notebook, 1891.
- Inclusive dates
- Medical notebook, 1891, of J. Page Massie (1866-1918), containing notes on clinical lectures, descriptions of various operations, and the procedures and steps followed. There are some illustrations by Massie throughout the volume
- Biographical or historical data
- Joseph Page Massie was born in Amherst County, Virginia on 16 December 1866. He was the son of Joseph Harden Massie (1828-1915) and Sophia P. McCaul. Massie was a physician, and taught at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, where he was professor of pathology and bacteriology (1893-1897), and later professor of obstetrics and diseases of the puerperal state, and a lecturer on nervous diseases. He married Cynthia Mundy. They later divorced. Dr. Massie died in Amherst County on 7 December 1918.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of J. Page Massie medical notebook, 1891.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work J. Page Massie medical notebook, 1891.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MEfBHNu1EBg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MEfBHNu1EBg/">J. Page Massie medical notebook, 1891.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...