The Resource Edwards for governor : a talk with John Flannagan Jr., 1949 July 20
- Edwards for governor : a talk with John Flannagan Jr., 1949 July 20
- Title remainder
- a talk with John Flannagan Jr.
- Inclusive dates
- 1949 July 20
- Radio in politics -- Virginia
- Edwards, Horace H., (Horace Hall), 1902-
- Radio programs. -- Virginia
- Elections. -- Virginia -- 1949
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Democratic Party (Va.) -- History -- 1949
- Sound recordings
- WRVA (Radio Station : Richmond, Va.)
- Flannagan, John William, 1885-1955
- Flannagan addresses the farmer of Virginia in regard to school funding in Virginia. He criticizes the other candidates' plan to continue school funding from real estate taxation. He believes that Edwards' sales tax plan is the best means to support schools. Flannagan also calls for the end of machine rule in Virginia and for the people to regain control of the state Democratic party
- Biographical or historical data
- John William Flannagan, Jr., served in the United States House of Representatives from 1931 to 1949. He was born in Louisa County on 20 Feb. 1885 and died in Bristol, Virginia on 27 April 1955.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- Literary text for sound recordings
ContextContext of Edwards for governor : a talk with John Flannagan Jr., 1949 July 20
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Edwards for governor : a talk with John Flannagan Jr., 1949 July 20
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MMtBS5zkcfg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MMtBS5zkcfg/">Edwards for governor : a talk with John Flannagan Jr., 1949 July 20</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...