The Resource 1970-1982
- Inclusive dates
- Landscape architects -- Virginia | Richmond
- Architectural drawings
- Buck, James T
- Landscape architecture -- Virginia
- Landscape architectural firms -- Virginia | Richmond
- Landscape gardening -- Virginia -- Designs and plans
- Cole, Quincy
- Gillette, Charles F
- Business records -- Virginia | Richmond
- Landscape design. -- Virginia
- This accession consists three drawings and plans for Mr. Quincy Cole, Richmond, Virginia, from the landscape architecture firm of James T. Buck. The drawings are pencil on tracing paper and Diazo print. No corresponding client files, financial, or other business records are extant
- These drawings and a number of Buck's commissions were continuations of projects undertaken by his previous employer, Charles F. Gillette. Gillette died in 1967, and Buck completed or altered projects for Gillette's former clients. The style of the drawings are very similar to those produced in Gillette's office
- Biographical or historical data
- James T. Buck graduated from the University of Massachusetts. A long-time assistant to well-known Virginia landscape architect Charles F. Gillette, Buck was the last in a host of professionals employed by Gillette. After his 1956-1967 stint with Gillette, Buck opened his own firm in Richmond, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Landscape architectural drawings and plans
- Location of other archival material
- Gillette, Charles F., Papers, ca. 1880-1985, (bulk 1918-1969) (LVA Accession 34472).
ContextContext of 1970-1982
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1970-1982
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MPidoe2R5VA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MPidoe2R5VA/">1970-1982</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...