The Resource 1779-1865.
- Inclusive dates
- Public records. -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Augusta County (Va.)
- African Americans -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Slaves -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Slaves -- United States
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Slavery -- United States -- History
- African Americans -- History -- 1863-1877
- Wills -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Augusta County (Va.) -- History
- Records, 1779-1865, of Augusta County consist of a copy of William Christian's will (1779) and a court order (1865) giving the county's response to the governor of Virginia's request for one hundred slaves in the county to work for sixty days on the fortifications in Richmond. The court order list the reasons why the county wanted to be exempt from the requistion of slaves stating that one third of the county's slaves have escaped and one fourth had been impressed into Confederate military service
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Augusta County was formed in 1738 from Orange County. The county government was established 1745.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1779-1865.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1779-1865.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MSgl69CBUD8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MSgl69CBUD8/">1779-1865.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...