The Resource Bedford County (Va.) Records, 1757-1857
- Bedford County (Va.) Records, 1757-1857
- Inclusive dates
- Bedford County (Va.) Records etc., 1757-1857, consists of the following record series Tax and Fiscal Records, Court Records, Fiduciary Records, Officials' Bonds, a plat,Clerks' Records, Judgments, and a city of Staunton lottery ticket. The collection also includes a land grant to Guy Smith, 1780, that was used as an exhibit in a court suit titled Guy Smith versus Jammes Brummet
- Biographical or historical data
- Bedford County probably was named for John Russell, fourth duke of Bedford, who, as secretary of state for the southern department from 1748 to 1751, had general supervision of colonial affairs. It was formed from Lunenburg County in 1753, and parts of Albemarle and Lunenburg Counties were added later.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Bedford County court records can be found on microfilm and in the Chancery Records Index at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm".
ContextContext of Bedford County (Va.) Records, 1757-1857
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bedford County (Va.) Records, 1757-1857
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Mashgm-uWBs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Mashgm-uWBs/">Bedford County (Va.) Records, 1757-1857</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...