The Resource Pioneer Quakers of Goose Creek in Bedford County, 1756-1824, 1946
- Pioneer Quakers of Goose Creek in Bedford County, 1756-1824, 1946
- Inclusive dates
- Quakers -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Bedford County (Va.) -- Church history -- 18th century
- Narratives (document genre)
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Bedford County (Va.) -- Church History -- 19th century
- Society of Friends -- Virginia | Bedford County
- Membership lists
- Letters (correspondence)
- Pioneer Quakers of Goose Creek in Bedford County, Virginia, 1756-1824, written in 1946, by Douglas Summers Brown tracing the history of Quakers who settled in Bedford County. Contains transcripts of letters, minutes, reports, membership lists, and narratives. Also includes a map of Bedford County
- Biographical or historical data
- Douglas Summers Brown was born on 10 Jan. 1903 in Abingdon, Virginia. She attended Mary Baldwin College in Staunton, Virginia, and married Henry Dockery Brown, a Presbyterian minister, in 1926. Brown is an english and history teacher and author who has written several books on South Carolina and Virginia history, including A CITY WITHOUT COBWEBS; A HISTORY OF ROCK HILL, SOUTH CAROLINA (1954), MASSENETTA MINATURE; THE STORY OF THE ORIGIN AND GROWTH OF THE SYNODICAL TRAINING SCHOOL OF THE SYNOD OF VIRGINIA (1964), A HISTORY OF LYNCHBURG'S PIONEER QUAKERS AND THEIR MEETING HOUSE (c. 1936) , THE CATAWBA INDIANS; THE PEOPLE OF THE RIVER (1966), and HISTORICAL AND BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES OF GREENSVILLE COUNTY, VIRGINIA, 1650-1967, (1968). Brown has also written articles for the Virginia Cavalcade, Sandlapper, Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, The Presbyterian Outlook, William and Mary Quarterly, Archeological Society of Virginia, Lynch's Ferry, and the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Pioneer Quakers of Goose Creek in Bedford County, 1756-1824, 1946
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Pioneer Quakers of Goose Creek in Bedford County, 1756-1824, 1946
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MdNUTH5AMVw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/MdNUTH5AMVw/">Pioneer Quakers of Goose Creek in Bedford County, 1756-1824, 1946</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...