The Resource 1875-1877
- Inclusive dates
- Advertisements -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Business records -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Richmond Chemical Works (Henrico County, Va.)
- Advertising. -- Tea -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Powers, Edward
- Lubrication and lubricants industry -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Henrico County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Van Lew, John N
- Advertising. -- Coffee -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Advertising. -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Account books -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Henrico County
- Richmond Chemical Works Account Books, 1875-1877, records the receipts and disbursements of Richmond Chemical Works. One account book includes copious number advertisements of businesses that sold steam engines, brick machines, pumps, coffee, tea, fruit dryers, grist mills, and miscellaneous machine industries. It also includes newspaper clippings on miscellaneous topis and poems perhaps by van Lew
- Biographical or historical data
- Richmond Chemical Works was a partnership formed in 1875 July by John N. Van Lew and Edward Powers for the purpose of manufacturing Benedict's Patent Car Axle Grease. Powers left the partnership in 1875 November. Van Lew continued operating the business until 1877. The company was also known as Richmond Drug, Paint, and Chemical Works.
- The volumes were used as exhibits in a chancery suit, John N. Vanlew and others versus Edward Powers and wife and others, heard in the Circuit Court of Henrico County during the 1870's and 1880's.
- Henrico County was named for Henry, Prince of Wales, the oldest son of James I. It was one of the eight original shires established in 1634.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Richmond Chemical Works Account Books
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Henrico County Chancery Cause, John N. Vanlew and others versus Edward Powers and wife and others. It can be found in the Local Records Collection at the Library of Virginia. The index number is 1886-019.
- See also Edward Powers and Company Account Book, 1877-1877.
ContextContext of 1875-1877
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1875-1877
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/N-b3_9L3EnM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/N-b3_9L3EnM/">1875-1877</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...