The Resource Register of treasury notes, : Act of 21 February 1862, 1862-1863
- Register of treasury notes, : Act of 21 February 1862, 1862-1863
- Title remainder
- Act of 21 February 1862
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Public Debt - Treasury Notes
- Volume contains names of parties making loans to the government, amount of loan, date of loan, principal and interest, and date redeemed. Volume covers the dates: 1 April 1862-4 February 1863
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- In the Act of 21 February 1862, the General Assembly provided for the assumption and payment of the Confederate States War Tax. The Auditor of Public Accounts was authorized to borrow treasury notes of the Confederate States in order to meet this need. Banks were authorized to lend treasury notes to the state and the auditor then issued warrants upon the treasury payable in Confederate States treasury notes.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 326
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Register of treasury notes, : Act of 21 February 1862, 1862-1863
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Register of treasury notes, : Act of 21 February 1862, 1862-1863
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/N6BUP7bWI7Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/N6BUP7bWI7Y/">Register of treasury notes, : Act of 21 February 1862, 1862-1863</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...