The Resource 1779 Feb. 19
- 1779 Feb. 19
- Inclusive dates
- 1779 Feb. 19
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Maryland -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Weapons -- Virginia
- Henry, Patrick, 1736-1799
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Williamsburg
- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Governors -- Maryland -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Governors -- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Johnson, Thomas, 1732-1819
- Maryland -- Commerce
- Virginia -- Commerce
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Letter, 19 February 1779, from Patrick Henry (1736-1799), Governor of Virginia, to Governor Thomas Johnson (1732-1819) of Maryland, in which Henry regrets he cannot supply Maryland with arms because of their scarcity in Virginia. Henry asks for Maryland's assistance to Virginia for protection of the Capes from British privateers who have damaged commerce
- Additional physical form
- This letter was published in OFFICIAL LETTERS OF THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF VIRGINIA, edited by H.R. McIlwaine (Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1926), I: 358-59.
- Biographical or historical data
- Patrick Henry was born 29 May 1736 in Hanover County, Virginia, to John and Sara Winston Henry. He served as a delegate to the Continental Congress and Virginia Convention, governor of Virginia 1776-1779, 1784- 1786, and delegate to the Virginia Constitution Ratification Convention, 1788. He was married to Sarah Shelton and Dorothea Dandridge. He died 6 June 1799 at his home on Red Hill Plantation, Charlotte County, Virginia.
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- The original was in the Patrick Henry Hotel, Roanoke, Virginia, in 1926.
ContextContext of 1779 Feb. 19
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1779 Feb. 19
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NEEZ8MPluXA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NEEZ8MPluXA/">1779 Feb. 19</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...