The Resource License returns, 1802-1881
- License returns, 1802-1881
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Fees and Licenses
- These returns cover the years 1802, 1804, 1806-1839, 1841-1855, 1858, 1860-1863, 1866, 1870-1872, 1874-1876, 1878, 1881
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- Certain occupations were subjected to license fees as early as 1782, and often are found listed in personal property tax books. In addition, tax commissioners were required to file with the auditor returns that identified licensees as merchants, peddlers, tavern and ordinary keepers, owners of stallions and jackasses, physicians, lawyers, dauguerrian artists (photographers), and so forth. The occupations taxed vary and several years of returns are missing, as are some county returns for certain years.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 454
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of License returns, 1802-1881
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work License returns, 1802-1881
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NM8Jb9N43e4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NM8Jb9N43e4/">License returns, 1802-1881</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...