The Resource 1805-1808
- Inclusive dates
- Goochland County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Lawyers -- Fees -- Virginia
- Bates, Charles F, 1772-1808
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Lawyers -- Virginia | 19th century -- 19th century
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Business records -- Virginia | Goochland County
- Ledgers (account books)
- The ledger, 1805-1808, records court fees and charges for suits and judgments handled by Bates. The entries indicate that Bates had an extensive practice in Goochland and surrounding counties, including the General Court and Richmond District Court. Accounts are recorded for Robert Bolling, Thomas Branch, Joseph Gallego, Samuel Marshall, and Miller Woodson
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 823).
- Biographical or historical data
- Charles F. Bates (1772-1808) was the son of Thomas Fleming Bates of Goochland County, Virginia, and brother of Edward Bates (1793-1869), United States attorney journal and representative from Missouri, and James Woodson Bates (1788-1846), delegate to Congress from the Territory of Arkansas. He practiced law in Goochland and surrounding counties until his death.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Available for purchase: Edwards, Conley L., III et al., comps. A Guide To Business Records In The Virginia State Library And Archives. Richmond : Virginia State Library and Archives, 1994
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1805-1808
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1805-1808
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NcbgpoBhPqU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NcbgpoBhPqU/">1805-1808</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...