The Resource Correspondence, rolls, and vouchers, 1785-1807
- Correspondence, rolls, and vouchers, 1785-1807
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Frontier Defense
- Most of the material in this series consists of powers of attorney from soldiers to collect their pay, as well as muster rolls and payrolls for militia, scouts and rangers
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- The inhabitants of Virginia's western frontier in what is now southwest Virginia and West Virginia were subjected to Indian raids from 1790 through 1794. An act passed by the General Assembly during its October 1792 session authorized the governor to direct temporary defensive operations to protect the frontier. The governor corresponded with the president of the United States on the subject and the War Department reimbursed the state for expenses incurred in its defense.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 196
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
- Location of other archival material
- Related records:
ContextContext of Correspondence, rolls, and vouchers, 1785-1807
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Correspondence, rolls, and vouchers, 1785-1807
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NvHrP7miy_s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NvHrP7miy_s/">Correspondence, rolls, and vouchers, 1785-1807</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...