The Resource State pension records, 1777-1787
- State pension records, 1777-1787
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Revolutionary War. Pensions
- The records in a pensioners file may consist of correspondence, medical evaluations, orders for payment signed by governors, powers of attorney, and receipts signed by the pensioner
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm in the Archives reading room (15 reels).
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in October 1777 the General Assembly authorized the payment of pensions to disabled soldiers and the widows of men killed during the war. The auditor of public accounts maintained lists of pensioners that he sent to clerks for verification. He also issued warrants for the disbursement of pension funds. A few of the pensions are for French and Indian war service.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 230
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of State pension records, 1777-1787
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work State pension records, 1777-1787
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NvV9NTvkajg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/NvV9NTvkajg/">State pension records, 1777-1787</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...