The Resource 1812-1880
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1812-1880, of William Green (1806-1880) of Culpeper County and Richmond, Virginia, principally consisting of his legal papers, personal accounts, and personal correspondence. The bulk of the collection is his legal papers and case files, 1812-1880, comprising legal complaints, legal briefs, legal opinions, and legal correspondence sent to and from William Green or endorsed by William Green. Other items in the collection are Green's personal accounts, 1833-1879, including receipts and accounts for his purchase of various goods and services. Also of note is a solicitation letter for a subscription to the BROADWAY JOURNAL sent to Green from Edgar Allan Poe, estate records for Isaac Hite (1758-1836) and Mary Stevens (d. ca. 1829), and a honorary resolution passed by the members of the Richmond Bar upon the death of William Green
- Biographical or historical data
- William Green was born in 1806, the son of John W. and Mary Browne Green of Fredericksburg, Virginia. He married Columbia E. Slaughter (b. 1809) on 10 April 1837 in Orange County, Virginia, and the couple had two children. He died on 29 July 1880.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1812-1880
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1812-1880
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/OHIk4d74eOU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/OHIk4d74eOU/">1812-1880</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...