The Resource The Potomac Conservancy conservation easement case files, 1993-2009 [ongoing]
- The Potomac Conservancy conservation easement case files, 1993-2009 [ongoing]
- Inclusive dates
- 1993-2009 [ongoing]
- Wild and scenic rivers -- Virginia
- Potomac River Watershed
- Water quality -- Virginia
- Organization records
- Potomac River Watershed (Va.)
- Stream conservation -- Virginia
- Land trusts -- Virginia
- Land use -- Planning -- Virginia
- Ecosystem management. -- Virginia | Potomac River
- Conservation easements -- Virginia
- Landscape protection
- The Potomac Conservancy, Inc. (Winchester, Va.)
- Watershed management
- Conservation easement case files, 1993-2009, compiled by The Potomac Conservancy, Inc. Each file concerns a specific landowner and contains a baseline report. This report includes a copy of the Deed of Easement, as well as photographs/slides, maps, and a detailed written description of the property
- Biographical or historical data
- The Potomac Conservancy conducts a comprehensive land protection program across four states and the District of Columbia. Protecting forests, wetlands, farmlands, and other valuable open space is the central focus of the Conservancy's work. To this end, the organization has developed and implemented a variety of land and water restoration projects.
- As a member of the Potomac Land Trust Network, a collaborative affiliation of land trusts and conservation organizations working to protect land throughout the watershed, The Conservancy promotes cooperation and resource-sharing among partners to achieve the common goal of a healthy Potomac River and healthy watershed communities. In addition, it provides counseling and other conservation support services for more than seventy other land trusts.
- The Potomac Conservancy offers hands-on volunteer and education programs for adults and young people to foster a stewardship ethic and creating a community of river stewards dedicated to protecting the natural, scenic, historic, and recreational qualities of the Potomac River.
- The Conservancy also partners with other land trusts, conservation organizations, and local, state, and federal agencies to more efficiently and expeditiously achieve land protection and restoration goals. With the goal to achieve healthy, diverse forests and grasslands; clean, clear water in abundant supply; a balance of open space and urban growth; and a satisfying quality of life for all residents, The Potomac Conservancy serves as the lead partner in The Potomac Watershed Partnership,a large-scale land restoration and protection effort focused on the Antietam and Monocacy watersheds in Maryland and Virginia's Shenandoah watershed.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of The Potomac Conservancy conservation easement case files, 1993-2009 [ongoing]
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Potomac Conservancy conservation easement case files, 1993-2009 [ongoing]
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/O_Rt2yG-NBk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/O_Rt2yG-NBk/">The Potomac Conservancy conservation easement case files, 1993-2009 [ongoing]</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...