The Resource Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Information Technology
- Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Information Technology
- Biographical or historical data
- The Department of Information Technology dates back to April 1, 1970, when the General Assembly approved the creation of the State Division of Automated Data Processing to be the central state authority for providing computer and other data processing services to state agencies. On April 12, 1976, the General Assembly renamed the division the Department of Management Analysis and Systems Development. A merger of this department with the Department of Computer Services, effective September 1, 1984, created the Department of Information Technology.
- The department provided state agencies with services in the areas of management analysis, information systems management, and automated datea processing, from its offices in Richmond. At the head of the department is a Director who serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Directorates within the department include Finance and Administration, Planning, Policy and Regulatory, and Service. The Service Directorate includes Systems Development, Computer Services, Management and Technical Consulting, a Data Security and Technical Library, Telecommunications, and Telemedia. The Telemedia Division maintains an office at each of the educational television stations in the state, and the Telecommunications Division has a northern office in Fairfax.
- Both the Department of Information Technology and the Department of Technology Planning were abolished in 2003 by the creation of the Virginia Information Techologies Agency (VITA).
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Information Technology
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Information Technology
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ObPyMwUVIFY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ObPyMwUVIFY/">Agency history for the Virginia Dept. of Information Technology</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...