The Resource 1869-1896
- Inclusive dates
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Marriage registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Church records and registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Baptismal registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Church records -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Membership lists
- Death registers -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Grace Reformed Church (Shenandoah County, Va.)
- Records, 1869-1896, consisting of minutes of the consistory and a parish register. The first few pages include a brief sketch describing the early amicable association of the Reformed congregation with the Lutherans, the details of the separation, and the subsequent erection of the Grace Reformed Church. The minutes cover the period, 30 October 1869-28 August 1894 and include baptismal records, death records, and lists of communicants and confirmations. Beginning 12 May 1883 (page 32), the minutes are limited to administrative matters. Periodically, the minutes of the joint consistory of the other churches in the charge are entered. The parish register includes a membership list, 1875-1895; baptisms, 1875-1895, and birth dates back to 1860; communicants, 1883-1896; marriages, 1885-1888 (brief list); deaths, 1866-1894 (brief list); and benevolences, 1883-1895
- Biographical or historical data
- Grace Reformed Church was established in 1873 when the Lutheran and Reformed congregations of the union church of Pine Lutheran and German Reformed Church decided to separate by mutual consent. The original union church, known as Old Pine Church, was replaced by another union church in 1783. In 1787, John Pennywitt, a French Huguenot who became a member of the Reformed congregation, granted both congregations title to the church property. These congregations shared the same building until 1873 when the union dissolved and each congregation erected its own church. The Reformed congregation dedicated their new church, Grace Reformed Church, located in a settlement known as Rinkerton, on 29 August 1875.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1869-1896
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1869-1896
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/OgqwhIE7QuI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/OgqwhIE7QuI/">1869-1896</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...