The Resource 1846-1920
- Inclusive dates
- Hathaway family
- Hathaway, Howard, 1864-1928
- Promissory notes
- Hathaway, Walter Ennis, 1862-1917
- Davis, Westmoreland, 1859-1942
- Personal papers
- Hathaway, Elizabeth
- Hathaway, Felicia, b. 1830
- Letters (correspondence)
- Democratic Party (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Lancaster County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Lancaster County (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Political science. -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Papers, including newspaper clippings, promissory notes, obituaries, graduation certificates, speeches, and correspondence, of the Hathaway family of Lancaster County, Virginia. Most of the papers relate to Howard Hathaway and include graduation certificates from Locust Dale Academy (Madison County, Va.), 1885, editorials and articles written, and a list of delegates to the Democratic National Convention, 1916. Includes speeches given by Howard Hathaway for his graduation from Locust Dale Academy, 1885, and in support of the Democratic party, 1884-1885. Also includes correspondence from the Democratic State Committee regarding travel and speech plans for Hathaway, 1916, and correspondence from his mother, Felicia Hathaway and brother, Walter Hathaway, regarding family, health, and current events. Also includes a flyer campaigning against the election of Westmoreland Davis for governor of Virginia
- Biographical or historical data
- Howard Hathaway (1864-1928) and Walter Hathaway (1862-1917), were the sons of Henry Straughn Hathaway (1826-1892) and Felicia Dunaway Hathaway (b. 1830), of Enon Hall, Lancaster County, Virginia. Henry S. Hathaway was a justice for Lancaster County court. Howard Hathaway was a lawyer in Lancaster County, served in the Virginia legislature, and was the US Collector of Internal Revenue for Hawaii, 1917-1921. Walter Hathaway was a lawyer, president of the Farmers Institute, and Commissioner of Fisheries for Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals at Mary Ball Washington Museum and Library, Lancaster, Va.
ContextContext of 1846-1920
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1846-1920
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/OiUxd6g0Fbc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/OiUxd6g0Fbc/">1846-1920</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...