The Resource Receipt book, 1780 June 10 - November 20
- Receipt book, 1780 June 10 - November 20
- Inclusive dates
- 1780 June 10 - November 20
- This record is a receipt book for items received by John Dodge, Esq., agent for the state of Virginia at Fort Jefferson, Ill. Among the items received were salt, blankets, knives, broadcloth, and plain and ruffled shirts
- Receipts for sundries issued out of the public store at Fort Jefferson, Illinois by John Dodge, agent for the store. Some entries have been transferred to Receipt Book B. Also records issues from the store, mainly for clothing, material and weapons. Contains on Aug 7, 1780 an affidavit regarding articles lost by Israel Dodge in March when crossing the Ohio, and also a promissory note from Clakr from 29 Apr 1779 to Don Fernando de leylia for furnishes and a later note to Dodge to pay the note. Also includes a list of some articles delivered to Joseph Pauley on account of the debt, July 1780. Restored and bound. No index
- Additional physical form
- Also available on Misc. Reel 406.
- Biographical or historical data
- The office of the state agent and commissary of stores was created by an ordinance passed by the third revolutionary convention on August 21, 1775. In 1777 the office was divided, and different persons were appointed state agent and commissary of stores. William Armistead, who served as commissary of stores until the office was discontinued in February 1782, was responsible for the storage and distribution of supplies acquired by the state agent's office for the troops in the Illinois country, in Pennsylvania, and in Virginia. After February 1782 the commissary's functions were assumed first by the commercial agent, then by the quartermaster general in October 1782.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Receipt book, 1780 June 10 - November 20
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Receipt book, 1780 June 10 - November 20
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Owhk-T_g2d8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Owhk-T_g2d8/">Receipt book, 1780 June 10 - November 20</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...