The Resource Lexington and Covington Turnpike Company records, 1826-1858
- Lexington and Covington Turnpike Company records, 1826-1858
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1826-1830), 3 vols., map (1832), reports, lists of stockholders, specifications, and contracts, covering the period 1826, 1829-1852, 1858
- Agency history record describes the history and function of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed February 19, 1829, authorized incorporation of the Lexington and Covington Turnpike Company with capital stock of $20,000, to construct a turnpike from Lexington in Rockbridge County to Covington in Alleghany County. The Board of Public Works was instructed to direct the state civil engineer to locate and survey the road. An act of April 7, 1831 empowered the company to enter private land for the roadway and provided instructions for reimbursement to the property owners. March 20, 1837, the rates of toll were established.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 308
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Lexington and Covington Turnpike Company records, 1826-1858
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Lexington and Covington Turnpike Company records, 1826-1858
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/PJTAEbcjA1k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/PJTAEbcjA1k/">Lexington and Covington Turnpike Company records, 1826-1858</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...