The Resource Records of the Latino Liaison of Governor Timothy M. Kaine, 2004-2009
- Records of the Latino Liaison of Governor Timothy M. Kaine, 2004-2009
- Inclusive dates
- Emigration and immigration -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Officials and employees
- Virginia Latino Advisory Board
- Files by subject
- Annual Reports
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 21st century
- Virginia Commission on Immigration
- State government records -- Virginia
- Hispanic Americans -- Virginia
- Immigrants -- Virginia
- Presentations (communicative events)
- The Latino Liaison Records of Governor Timothy M. Kaine are housed in ten boxes. The collection is arranged by subject/topic. These records include agenda's correspondence, memorandums, minutes, notes, reports, presenations, plans, DVDs and project files. These records document the Kaine administration's (2006-2010) outreach to Virginia's Latino community
- The Virginia Latino Advisory Board (VLAB) records are housed in two (2) archival boxes. Records include Background Briefing Binder, 2004-2006; meeting information (including some minutes), 2006-2009; and reports, 2006-2008
- The Subject Files are housed in six (6) archival boxes. Original order maintained whenever possible. Subjects include: Virginia State Crime Commission, Illegal Immigration Task Force; Inter-Agency Language Services Office; Governor Tim Kaine's 6 February 2008 meeting with El Salvador President Elias Antonio Saca; New American Initiative; planning for 1st Hispanic You Symposium (HYS), 16-19 July 2008; and Spanish Language Initiative. Also included are reference materials (reports, books, directories, etc.)
- The Constitutent Correspondence are housed in two (2) archival boxes. They contain correspondence and supporting documentation regarding legal, criminal and immigration issues sent to the Office of the Governor and/or Latino Liaison. Confidential, privacy-protected and attorney-client privileged records are closed for 75 years per Code of Virginia, 2.2-2705.1, 2.2-3800 and 42.1-78
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Governor's Office. (Search Virginia Governor's Office as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Latino Liaison position was created by Governor Mark Warner in November 2002. The Latino Liaison works with the Governor's Office, various governmental agencies both state and local, community organizations, the private sector, and Latino leaders to better serve this growing community. The Latino Liaison also represents the governor on the Virginia Latino Advisory Board, created in 2003. On 19 January 2006 Governor Tim Kaine named Sindy Benavides as Deputy Director of Constitutent Services and Lation Liaison. As the Liaison, she provided outreach to Latinos statewide and educated them on available state services. Benvadios later served as Director of Appointments for the Secretary of the Commonwealth. In 2009, Benvadios joined the Democratic National Committee as the Director of the Community Outreach and Voting Department. On 13 April 2009 Governor Kaine appointed Luisa Soaterna as Latino Liaison. Soaterna served in the office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth since November 2006 where she dealt with constitutent services focusing on Spanish speaking clientele.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Records of the Latino Liaison of Governor Timothy M. Kaine, 2004-2009
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records of the Latino Liaison of Governor Timothy M. Kaine, 2004-2009
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/POipzJZ6JnE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/POipzJZ6JnE/">Records of the Latino Liaison of Governor Timothy M. Kaine, 2004-2009</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...