The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lydia O. Grimberg, 1889-1968
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lydia O. Grimberg, 1889-1968
- Inclusive dates
- Quist, Helmi
- Grimberg, Lydia S., (Lydia Olivia Sorvali)
- Death certificates -- Maryland | Montgomery County
- Divorce records -- Michigan | Detroit
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Passports -- Russia
- Marriage certificates -- New York
- State government records -- Virginia
- Grimberg, John J
- Passports -- United States
- Letters (correspondence)
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Birth certificates
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 50624) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 13383 contains a birth certificate in Finnish for Lydia Olivia Sorvali, 1889; a Russian passport issued to Sorvali in 1913; a marriage certificate for John Grimberg and Lydia Sorvali from 1920, with a typed note attached stating that John Grimberg was naturalized in 1900 in New York; a United States passport for Lydia O. Grimberg in 1927; a divorce decree for John and Lydia Grimberg, 1930; social security documents for Lydia Grimberg, 1954; a death certificate for John Joseph Grimberg, 1958; a personal property form from 1964; letters to Lydia Grimberg regarding the estate of Helmi Quist, 1966; and a trust agreement for Lydia Grimberg, 1968
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lydia O. Grimberg, 1889-1968
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lydia O. Grimberg, 1889-1968
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/PkJ1dIo9_HU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/PkJ1dIo9_HU/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Lydia O. Grimberg, 1889-1968</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...