The Resource Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843
- Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843
- Inclusive dates
- Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843. Consists of a deed between Charles Casenove and Ann his wife, on the one part, and John C. Vowell pertaining to a brick tenement in the town of Alexandria
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Alexandria County was named for the town of Alexandria. It was formed from a portion of Fairfax County that had been ceded by Virginia in 1789 to the federal government for use as the site of a new national capital. In 1801 the area officially became part of the District of Columbia, although Congress named it Alexandria County. Congress returned the county to Virginia in 1846, and the following year the General Assembly extended the commonwealth's jurisdiction over the region. In 1920 the county's name was changed to Arlington County.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Alexandria County Land Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site at www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwehave/local/local_rec/index.htm.
ContextContext of Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/PmoVUuhK7cg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/PmoVUuhK7cg/">Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...