The Resource 1820-1861
- Inclusive dates
- Taylor, Jaquelin P, 1797-1872
- Commission merchants -- Virginia | Richmond
- John Gilliatt and Company (London)
- Harry Tompkins and Company
- Personal papers
- Stock certificates
- Insurance policies
- Trading companies | Virginia | Richmond
- Bonds (negotiable instruments)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Papers, 1820-1861, of Jaquelin P. Taylor (1797-1872) of Richmond, Virginia. Includes bonds, receipts, and a power of attorney as trustee of Harry Tompkins and Company, as well as an inventory of the company's furniture. There are also receipts for Taylor's shares in the Richmond and Osborne's Turnpike Company. Also included in the collection are numerous accounts and correspondence with John Gilliatt and Company of London, and title papers and insurance policies for Taylor's ship "Richard Anderson," as well as accounts of the ship's captain Thomas Lucas
- Biographical or historical data
- Jaquelin P. Taylor was born on 20 January 1797 at "Meadow Farm" in Orange County, Virginia. He was the son of Robert Taylor (1763-1845) and Frances Pendleton (1767-1831). Taylor came to Richmond at an early age, and was employed in the dry goods and importing business. He soon became the largest importing merchant in Richmond and Petersburg. He retired from business in 1841. He died at his residence in Richmond on 21 January 1872.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1820-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1820-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Q995wkyPtpg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/Q995wkyPtpg/">1820-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...