The Resource Jewel Fruit Company Journal and Ledger, 1911-1912
- Jewel Fruit Company Journal and Ledger, 1911-1912
- Inclusive dates
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Fruit trade. -- Lynchburg | Virginia
- Business records -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Journals -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Local government records -- Virginia | Lynchburg
- Consumer goods -- Lynchburg | Virginia
- Stock companies. -- Lynchburg | Virginia
- Jewel Fruit Company (Lynchburg, Va.)
- Lynchburg (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Jewel Fruit Company Journal, 1911-1912, records the daily financial activities of the company -- documenting stock purchases, merchandise sales, and company expenses. Each entry includes the page number of the business account or the customer's individual account found in the corresponding ledger. Information found in each entry for customer purchases includes the customer's name, the notation "to merchandise," and the amounts owed. Details of the items purchased are not provided. Company expenses recorded in the journal include rent, telephone service, and employee salaries. At the end of each month, balance and statement sheets were used to record the assets and liabilities of the company. These statements provide a list of the company's stock holders
- Jewel Fruit Company Ledger, 1911-1912, records the accounts of individual customers and companies with which the firm transacted business. Information found in each customer account includes the date of purchase, amounts owed, and the page number for the original purchase entry found in the corresponding journal. Again, no details are provided for the items purchased. The company's controlling accounts are also recorded and include account entries for cash received, bills payable, and expense accounts with other companies
- Biographical or historical data
- Located in Lynchburg, Va., the Jewel Fruit Company operated for a brief period, 1911-1912, selling confectionaries, fruits, candies, cigars, cigarettes, and tobacco. Officers of the company included B. M. Bennett, president, and J. C. McClung, secretary-treasurer. On 27 April 1912, all assets of the company were conveyed to trustee John G. Haythe so that they could be liquidated for the benefit of the company’s creditors.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Lynchburg (Va.) Chancery Cause, Trustees of Jewel Fruit Company versus B. M. Bennett and others. It can be found in the Local Records Collection at the Library of Virginia. The index number is 1913-019.
ContextContext of Jewel Fruit Company Journal and Ledger, 1911-1912
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Jewel Fruit Company Journal and Ledger, 1911-1912
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QT_kmpdPcPI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QT_kmpdPcPI/">Jewel Fruit Company Journal and Ledger, 1911-1912</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...