The Resource Scott County (Va.) Land Records, 1796-1947
- Scott County (Va.) Land Records, 1796-1947
- Inclusive dates
- Scott County (Va.) Land Records, 1796-1947, consist of one oversized box which contains copy of land grant to John Fleming in Washington County, 1796; Deed - Edward Moss to James Steel, 1822; Deed - Joseph Hagan to John Powers and Jonas Powers in Russell County, 1839; Land Grant to Robert Preston, 1798. Accession #28871. Land Grant to Michael Morris, 1832 (not a part of accession #28871); 14 boxes of Recorded Deeds organized by surnames A-W (Boxes 46-59) and 1 box (Box 3) of Recorded Deeds, 1854-1927, not organized by surnames
- A deed is an instrument, signed and usually sealed by the grantor, containing some legal transfer, bargain, or contract from one person to another
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Scott County was formed from Lee, Russell and Washington counties by a statute adopted on 24 November 1814. The county court first met on 14 February 1815. Scott County was named for General Winfied Scott, a native of Virginia, in recognition of his victories during the War of 1812. General Scott was later commanding general of the American army during the war with Mexico.
- These records were originally created by the County and Circuit Courts.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Scott County Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia's web site.
ContextContext of Scott County (Va.) Land Records, 1796-1947
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Scott County (Va.) Land Records, 1796-1947
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QgDakDvUuNw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QgDakDvUuNw/">Scott County (Va.) Land Records, 1796-1947</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...