The Resource William M. Barnum papers, 1881-1890
- William M. Barnum papers, 1881-1890
- Inclusive dates
- Business records -- West Virginia
- Coal trade -- West Virginia
- Iron industry and trade. -- West Virginia
- Personal papers
- Coal trade -- Virginia
- Minute books
- Letter books
- Financial records
- Henrico Coal Company
- Barnum, William M, 1856-1926
- Business records -- Virginia | Richmond
- Kanawha Improvement Company
- Papers, 1881-1890, of William M. Barnum (1856-1926) of New York City, while he was serving as president of the Henrico Coal Company and the Kanawha Improvement Company, including a letterbook and two minute books
- The records for the Henrico Coal Company include a letterbook, 1881-1883, containing copies of outgoing letters from the company's treasurer and assistant treasurer in New York regarding payments of vouchers, freight bills, legal matters, and requistions for food and supplies for the general store operated by the company in Richmond. There are also financial statments and trial balance sheets. The minute book covers the period 20 May 1881 to 5 June 1883, and includes minutes of the board of directors, and also a copy of the company's charter of incorporation and by-laws
- The minute book for the Kanawha Improvement Company covers the period 30 November 1887 to 27 May 1890, and contains minutes of the board of directors and stockholders. There is a copy of the certificate of incorporation and company by-laws as well as lists of stockholders
- Biographical or historical data
- William Milo Barnum was born in Lime Rock, Connecticut on 25 January 1856. He was the son of William Henry Barnum and Charlotte Burrall. Barnum was a graduate of Yale University and Columbia University Law School, and a founder of the New York law firm Simpson, Thatcher and Barnum. He married Anna Theresa Phelps on 2 June 1879. In the 1880's, his law firm became very active in the railroad reorganizations that resulted from the financial panic of 1884. Barnum gave up the practice of law in 1901 to become a businessman and financier with the Pacific Coast Company. He died in New York City on 5 October 1926.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Filmed from the originals in the University of Washington Libraries Manuscripts Collection.
ContextContext of William M. Barnum papers, 1881-1890
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work William M. Barnum papers, 1881-1890
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QoU5-ic0nfE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QoU5-ic0nfE/">William M. Barnum papers, 1881-1890</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...