The Resource Berryville Turnpike Company records, 1831-1902
- Berryville Turnpike Company records, 1831-1902
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1846, n.d.), 2 items, reports, lists of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions and contracts, and printed specifications. Periods covered are 1831-1859, 1861-1862, 1865, 1867-1872, 1874, 1877-1879, 1881-1891, 1897-1898, 1901-1902
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly approved February 19, 1830 authorized the construction of a turnpike from Berryville in Frederick County to Snicker's Ferry on the Shendandoah River. The Board of Public Works was authorized to subscribe for 126 shares and provide two directors for the company March 19, 1831. An act of the General Assembly, March 30, 1839, authorized the extension of the road to Winchester and approved augmentation of the capital stock of $15,000, with the Board of Public Works subscribing for $6,000. This act was revived March 5, 1846, and capital was again increased February, 1847, by $5,000 in order to complete the road.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 210
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Berryville Turnpike Company records, 1831-1902
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Berryville Turnpike Company records, 1831-1902
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QsePB1EYW4M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/QsePB1EYW4M/">Berryville Turnpike Company records, 1831-1902</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...