The Resource Register of military warrants and preemption warrants from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1808
- Register of military warrants and preemption warrants from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1808
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain a volume recording in separate sections warrants issued either under military or preemption claims. In the military section, the name of the warrantee, his rank, the number of acres allotted, the years of service, whether he served in a state or a continental line unit, the date of issue of the warrant, and its number are given in columns on folio pages. Between numbers 4312 and 4652, the line of service is omitted and beginning with number 5092, fees received are registered. This register fills in a portion of the gap caused by the lack of warrant books for numbers 5020-8779
- Register includes military warrants, nos. 1331-1553, 4057-5478, and covers the period July 2, 1783-March 24, 1808
- Register includes preemption warrants, nos. 2363-2738, and covers the period December 10, 1782-November 23, 1787
- Columns in the section containing preemption warrants record the name of the warrantee, the quantity of land due, the amount of composition money paid, the date the warrant was issued, and its number
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Land Office (Search Virginia Land Office as author).
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm, Land Office reel 350.
- Biographical or historical data
- The act which established the Land Office passed the General Assembly on 22 June 1779. The Register was the head of the office and was appointed by joint ballot of both houses of the legislature.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 92
- Citation source
- Land Office Inventory
ContextContext of Register of military warrants and preemption warrants from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1808
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Register of military warrants and preemption warrants from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1808
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/R29AcMrLiQQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/R29AcMrLiQQ/">Register of military warrants and preemption warrants from the Virginia Land Office, 1782-1808</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...