The Resource Keeler and Scott Ledger, 1857-1873
- Keeler and Scott Ledger, 1857-1873
- Inclusive dates
- Costs (Law) -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Keeler, Isaac S
- Legal services -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Keeler and Scott (Dinwiddie County, Va.)
- Business records -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Dinwiddie County -- History -- 19th century
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Blacksmithing -- Virginia | Dinwiddie County
- Keeler and Scott Ledger, 1857-1873, contains information related to a blacksmith business. It records the individual accounts of customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order, service rendered, and the amount owed and paid. Services rendered include shoeing horses, making farm implements, repairing buggies, and making locks
- Ledger also includes information related to a law firm such as decisions issued in court cases and legal fees for services rendered
- Biographical or historical data
- Dinwiddie County was named for Robert Dinwiddie, lieutenant governor of Virginia from 1751 to 1758, and was formed from Prince George County in 1752.
- The bulk of court records prior to 1865 were stolen, mutilated, and/or destroyed by Union troops who ransacked the courthouse during the last months of the Civil War. Post-1830 volumes such as deed books, will books, chancery order books, and marriage registers exist.
- Keeler and Scott was a blacksmith partnership that conducted business in Dinwiddie County during the mid-nineteenth century. Isaac S. Keeler was one of the partners and was also a lawyer.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Dinwiddie County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Dinwiddie County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Keeler and Scott Ledger, 1857-1873
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Keeler and Scott Ledger, 1857-1873
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/SGz14MVDLJI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/SGz14MVDLJI/">Keeler and Scott Ledger, 1857-1873</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...