The Resource Vouchers, 1836-1844
- Vouchers, 1836-1844
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: of State Government - Geological Survey of Virginia
- This series consists of vouchers for the pay of the state geologists and his assistants. The vouchers include the names of the persons to whom money was owed, the amounts, and the dates the vouchers were submitted
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 6 March 1835 the General Assembly authorized the Board of Public Works to appoint a person to conduct a geological reconnaisance of the state. Professor William Barton Rogers, of the University of Virginia, was appointed state geologist for the reconnaisance, as well as the detailed geological survey that followed. The survey was continued by annual appropriations of state funds until 1842, when the General Assembly terminated the project because of a financial recession.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 122
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Vouchers, 1836-1844
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Vouchers, 1836-1844
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/SW7HxQex2J0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/SW7HxQex2J0/">Vouchers, 1836-1844</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...